Monday, March 30, 2009

Allrighty then. Since we are off for Spring Break at my school, sharpening my saw would be an obvious choice for me. This is especially true since I turned in my portfolio and had my observation all on the same day. Whew! What a week I had, and boy howdy, I'd be a liar if I said that I haven't been looking forward to this week.

Now, having a week off to renew my body, mind and spirit is more than just about getting more than four hours of sleep a night and sleeping late every day, although, for me, that does play a part. My goals this week, in terms of renewal and saw sharpening are:

- Doing fun things with my wife and son that renews our bond with each other. I did some work on this yesterday by taking my family to a movie that we could all enjoy. Later this week I plan to:
- Learn how to play Xbox 360 with my son this week. I got a controller for a Christmas present, but have not mastered it yet. This is something he would greatly appreciate me doing with him.
- Get some long overdue housecleaning done. This will help the mental health of both me and my wife.
- Do some reading in the field of education that is NOT required by my practicum. I am thinking of starting Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire.
- Create some good lesson plans so that my return to school won't be so hectic.

That's more than enough for starters. Today I got our yard mowed. Now, I know to most that doesn't seem like anything much, but you must understand this: males think while in motion. 'Nuff said. I also had the distinct pleasure of meeting Dr. R. Heffern and his lovely wife, what great people and educators!

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Heffern told me about how much he enjoyed his visit! Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire is a wonderful book! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete