Friday, March 27, 2009

OK, this is Thursday's post just a few hours late. Sorry. We have a thing at our school called "Name and Claim", I'm sure everybody else has something similar. I have three boys that are considered "at risk" insofar as their performance is concerned. I call them my three sons, and yes I call them Chip, Ernie, and Robbie. (And yes, I have just dated myself.)

- None of them come from very good homes so far as I can determine.
- One I know gets beat/abused at home. (I sent him to the office earlier this year when he came to school scratched up and bloody. Social Services went out to the home.)
- One of them has an IEP. I have done everything I can think of for this one.
- Two are what professionals now refer to as intentional non-learners. Do you have a few of these laying about your classroom? They just choose not to participate, learn, etc.

I'm at my wits end as to what I can do with my two intentional non-learners. Nothing that I do that seems to work with other kids works with them. Maybe I can think of something to do over this next week over Spring Break.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for another wonderful week's work. I know you are tired, so reward yourself this weekend - do something fun!! 10/10

    ReplyDelete