Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Legal considerations, wow, what a mine field. I have been lucky in having a really brilliant and perceptive wife who is already a teaching veteran to help guide me through this minefield.

I have witnessed teachers doing some really dumb things. I would like to say that they are no longer teachers, but some are still out there doing dumb things such as:

- telling the kids they will take them to a movie on Friday night, just our own little field trip.

- SPED teachers talking about sensitive issues regarding IEP kids in front of other children or adults.

- Using grades as a carrot to effect behavioral change in a classroom.

The list goes on. Have I made mistakes? Sure, I'm new at this, but honestly now, some of these things are just dumb.

I can think of few fields that are as much of a minefield as teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment