OK, I'm trying to cope with this week. Arrrgh! The kids AND teacherrs in my school, and maybe the district, have gone crazy! Is it the weather? CATS approaching? What??!!
I have kids that have somehow decided that since CATS is coming, school is over. Fourth nine weeks, many/most have passed the first three, and it looks like they think it is time for a vacation. Geez Louise, gimme a break here. I gave the simplest form of a test at all earlier this week, and I had some solid B and sometimes C students fail it outright. This thing was a no-brainer, and I was trying to give them a break. Guess that is what I get for being a nice guy.
I'm trying to ask around about my community resources. I spent all of last night at the ER with my son, he was very, very ill. Missed school today because of it. Not a great week. I have been told to shape my curriculum around reading for meaning and math in preparation for CATS. I've been trying that all year, and get stymied at every turn. I guess some people earlier in the year thought that since my subject said "Social Studies" I did not include this somehow, and had my resources yanked out from under me at some critical junctures. Social Studies is like Rodney Dangerfield, we get no respect! :)
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment